Friday and Saturday, October 14 and 15
- Mazie’s Mission hosts the area’s 1st ever multi-organizational 24-hour adoption event. The “Fall in Love Fur-Ever Adopt-A-Thon” starts this Friday, October 14th at 9 p.m. and runs until Saturday, October 15th at 9 p.m at The Village at Fairview Grand Commons Stage, located on the northeast corner of US-75 and Stacey Road just on the north side of Allen. All of the shelters and rescue groups on hand will be offering reduced adoption fees of just $75 for the duration of the event, and there will be lots of promotions and fun activities as well. For more information: “DFW’s 1st ever Mega Adoption Event Starts Friday!”
Saturday, October 15
- Take Me Home Pet Rescue is hosting a huge Garage Sale fundraiser from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at their Community Adoption Center, 561 W. Campbell Road, Suite 303, in Richardson. More donations than anyone could have predicted mean you’ll find rooms and rooms of great buys on things like golf clubs, collectibles, picture frames, comforters, linens, clothes, electronics, tools, holiday decor, halloween costumes and more, so bring plenty of cash!
- Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch’s biannual open house will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ranch, located on CR 3806 in Murchison, Texas, approximately 95 miles east of Dallas and 25 miles west of Tyler. The ranch is the largest animal sanctuary in the country, and home to rescued chimpanzees and other primates; horses and burros; bobcats; iguanas and African tortoises; antelope, deer, ostriches, llamas; American bison; and dozens of other species. The facility is only open to the public four open house days per year and during special events. Most activities are free, but donations are always appreciated. For more information, visit the Black Beauty Ranch website or call 903.469.3811.
- Texas Coalition for Animal Protection will hold two low cost vaccination clinics this Saturday, October 15th. The first is at Richland Hills Animal Control, 7049 Baker Blvd, in Richland Hills from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. The second is at Hill County Paw Pals, 1500 N. Abbott in Hillsboro from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Rabies shots are only $5.00, and a full set of vaccines for a dog or cat is just $25.00. They also offer heartworm testing and microchipping. Visit their website for more information.
- The Dallas Association of Young Lawyers’ Animal Welfare Committee will host their second annual Dog Day Afternoon, a fund-raiser and raffle at Lee Harvey’s, 1807 Gould Street, Dallas, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. $15 gets you admission and two drink tickets. Well-behaved pets are welcome and may participate in the Best Pet Costume Contest – $10 per pet entry fee. The event benefits two non-profit groups: Take Me Home Pet Rescue and Habitat 4 Paws.
- Feral Friends will host their annual silent auction and fundraiser from 6 – 9 p.m. at Artists’ Showplace Gallery, 15615 Coit Rd, Suite 230, Dallas, TX 75248. Tickets are only $22 online or $25 at the door and include great food, mouthwatering libations, and more silent auction items than you can imagine. Reserved seat tickets are $30. For more information: “Feral Friends silent auction Saturday at Artist’s Showplace Gallery.”
- Animal Rescue of Texas will host their popular annual fundraiser, Art To The Rescue! 6 – 1 0 p.m. at the historic Texas Theatre. The event will include a rambunctious live art auction, nerve-racking silent art auction, mouth-watering cocktails, delicious food from The Green House food truck, and a complimentary valet. For more information: “ART To The Rescue benefit Saturday at historic Texas Theatre.”
Photo: “Scooter”, available for adoption from Take Me Home Pet Rescue.
Subscribe via email (above right) so you don’t miss any breaking rescue news, adoptable pets, happy endings, or special event invitations. Your email address will not be shared. You can also get DFW Animal Rescue on Kindle. Or follow us on Facebook and Twitter!